Total Pageviews

Sunday 8 January 2012

A5015 Unit 2

UNIT 2: JOB ENQUIRY (Answer Key)

Before you read
1) No, Yes
2) Through friends, notices etc
3) Notice, enquire through telephone, web site, notice, newspaper, enquire personally

Task 2.1
1. Marketing Executive
2. through his friend
3. Suzana
4. a copy of his diploma, resume and a recent photograph
5. Yes
6. Because he wants to learn something new / he wants to change his job

Task 2.2

To greet – Good morning, Toshiba Sdn Bhd, may I help you?
To introduce- My name is Bazli
To enquire – I’m phoning to find out whether you..
To inform – We do have some vacancies
To request – Can you tell me something about your background?
Would you be able to ….
To instruct – Please bring ..
To confirm- Sure I’ll be there, tomorrow morning 9.00 am
To thank- Thank you very much

Task 2.5

Advertisement 1
1. I’m calling about…
2. Could you tell me about
3. I would like to find out about ..
4. I’m interested in the post of Accounting Clerk you advertised today.

Advertisement 2
1.Could I speak with the Human Resource Manager, please?

Advertisement 3
1.Could you put me through the Personnel Office, please? .
2. May I have the Personnel Office, please?

Advertisement 4
1. Mr William Khor, please?
2. I would like to speak with Mr William Khor


Task 2.7

1. met 2. finished; do 3. travels 4. graduated 5. don’t like
6. need 7. left; helps 8. did you leave 9. Does she still work
10. doesn’t like 11. did you last attend 12. did you not take; offered
13. doesn’t work; joined 14. doesn’t like 15. had; cost

14 comments: